Thursday, October 16, 2008

We must pause....

Everyone at Teacher Talk, as well as the Bermuda Union of Teachers is pausing to remember Mr. Gabriel Wilkinson in prayer. We all received the sad news on Sunday, and our hearts and prayers are with our colleague. It is amazing, one minute, everything is cool, the next, the unimaginable can happen... just like that. We have to do our best in whatever we do.

In a discussion with my class this morning, we chatted about being the best. I told them, that being the best is ok, but giving your best is even better. The student who sails through all subjects, not giving 100%, but is naturally gifted, somehow doesn't leave the impression that the one who tries their best does. When it is all said and done, they may not say that he was perfect, or she was the best, but can they say, he or she gave their ALL?

Our colleague has been leaving an indelible impression on his students, and here is one parent's response to these unfortunate events....

Look this will be short and sweet,
My son's teacher, Mr. G Wilkinson, was the young man hurt over the weekend. Ok we all know about the trying times we are having with our young people today. Well, I would also be having some of those times with my son too, if it were not for Mr. Wilkinson's influence over my son. He is a young man who puts mad time in with his students. He works hard and really keeps and eye out for the boys.. I cant say enough about him. He is A GREAT MALE TEACHER WHO HAS TOUCHED MY SONS HEART !!!!! GUYS PLEASE HAVE A HEART. Just say a small prayer for him. He is really an angel and if we just pray to GOD he might let him stay with us!!!! Please forward this on and don't delete it. I know that God answers prayers. If you don't do it for me please do it for my son he really loves and respects his teacher and I know it would break his heart if Mr. Wilkinson did not get well! Please I beg u!!!


WOW!!! Mr. Wilkinson, we are praying, to his parents, we are praying, to his brother, we are praying.....

No comments: