Monday, March 17, 2008

Okay, so the Talking Teacher Makes Mistakes

As many of you have noted so eloquently, the email that went out today had many major mistakes. The Talking Teacher is humble enough to apologize and admit that due to a technicality, something that was not ready to be sent out was, so I humbly apologize for that; do not despair, education has not gone to the birds.
I must say that the replies were rather interesting, and a few let me know that our children are in good hands. I'll post one to let you know what I mean: (the name has been withheld)

To Whom It May Concern:

The CORRECT spelling is EXPERIENCE not EXPERIANCE!

Please try to proofread what you write prior to sending it.

One of the deterrents to a quality education for students is the inability of too many teachers to spell well. Other deterrents include the inability of too many teachers to speak well, to read well and to be well read.

For our children to receive a quality education, our teachers must care enough (about our children’s excellence in learning) to model excellence not only in methodology but in language (spoken and written).

Quality education requires quality teachers/educators!

Sincerely,

Unknown Teacher :)


So, this response lets me know that our children are in good hands, and we can rest well.

Once again, I humbly apologize.


*one note of observation: I wondered if people actually read the email, so at least it lets us know that you are reading them. Thanks! :) I also know that many will be looking at the next email message with a fine tooth comb, and this is great, help us to stay on our toes.

No comments: