Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Show #17 Dr. Johnson and Mr. Phil Butterfield

What an interesting day, whew, the Talking Teacher went through and survived a whirlwind, no need to worry though, the Talking Teacher came through unscathed. Despite the whirlwind day, the show surely turned out to be a hit. We were due to have the Minister of Education on, but due to some unfortunate circumstances beyond our control, could not make it. No sweat, the Teacher Talk crew is pretty versatile and can think on their feet, so new plan- HOT TOPIC TUESDAY! Let's hear what our listeners want to say. The show was to start at 5:32 and at 5:31, our two guests walked in. Not the Minister, but two people who held the answers to a lot of the questions that the public had.

Now the interesting thing about being the Talking Teacher is that you get to listen to a variety of the stakeholders or even wanna be stakeholders in education. The body language and the expressions of the guests surely tell a lot about how they feel about education, and most importantly, our students, our children, the ones we are in this thing called education for. Before the show started, the Talking Teacher had a few misconceptions about our guests, and their intent, just being honest, as I am sure many of the Teachers and even the Public may have. I must say that being in the studio showed me that we should be in good hands and that we are all pulling in the same direction.

There is more to this post, but The Talking Teacher has lost the trend of thought and will pick up on this tomorrow. In the meantime, click here if you want to hear the show. Feel free to leave a comment!


1 comment:

Math Madness said...

I must say that I was only expecting to hear a few minutes. I was going to click out after such a long intro, but something told me to hold. I am glad I listened. I am feeling somewhat hopeful yet still a little apprehensive. Keep up the good job Talking Teacher - bring it on. I said it because Chica talks!